Writers aren’t people exactly. Or, if they’re any good they’re a whole lot of people trying so hard to be one person.”
-F. Scott Fitzgerald
This is so true! I (as a writer) am many different people. I have to be!
I am a:
- First and foremost: writer
- Fighter (you know, with swords?)
- Outgoing, bouncy person…. in my mind. Not in real life.
- A Witch
- A girl with powers (3 different girls have powers)
- Sometimes I’m a guy with powers
- A cat (I write from cat’s perspective to loose writer’s block. No one has ever read them though…)
- A time traveler
- A older teen
- A wizard
There are probably more that I’m missing, but whatever. If you can think of one just tell me.
When I see that quote I think of my characters, those are the people that are trying to be one person. What do you think of?