Hello everyone! I’m back! I went on a mini hiatus over the holidays because they were extremely busy for me. We went on our spring vacation the last day of winter break, and I already had other obligations to fulfill before we left.
This being said, I have some plans for the new year! I’m starting an Instagram account, which is NOT public yet, but will be soon. There I’ll be posting pictures of my bullet journal and sharing some of my techniques. I’ll also be sharing some pictures of my novels, and some other surprises!
So today I’m sharing some semblance of new years resolutions and my personal opinion on them. Later this year I’ll share a little on how much I accomplished with this and at the end of the year I’ll be sharing a wrap-up post! All credit for this idea goes to one of my favorite bloggers: Kellyn Roth. You should go check out her blog, Lilacs and Reveries!
My Thoughts on Resolutions
For years I’ve poo-pooed new years resolutions, and really resolutions in general. I mean, we all know how they end up, right? Tossed out the window in a few months. Now, I still hold to that general opinion, but that being said I have since realized that goals themselves do not need to be tied to resolutions and can be more reliable. I particularly like the SMART goal method, which I learned last fall.
Now, all that being said, I’m going to share a few of my goals for this year!
1. Become a more Godly young woman
- I have a lot of little parts to this, and I’ve been working on it since this fall
- very personal so I’m not going to share everything!
- basically I’m going to be diving into the bible a lot more
- praying as much as I possibly can- 1 Thessalonians 5:16-18
2. Work on Marketing/blog stuff
- some mini goals inside this goal, this is the broad version
- I’m hoping to reach 300 followers, 350 would be amazing, but like they say aim low and overachieve
- maybe that’s just my dad who says that. but. nonetheless I’m going to host a giveaway at 300 and hopefully give away some gift boxes… we’ll see what happens!
- this also includes starting an Instagram account (!)
- and publishing my next novel on February 11th- more on that later!
3. Bullet Journal
- this really doesn’t deserve it’s own category but I don’t know where else to put it
- this year I’m hoping to get some new markers
- also be more consistent
- and creative, whatever that entails
- basically since I finally have the whole bullet journal figured out and this is my second year, I want it to actually look good
- this includes spending less time on social media (hello, app timers!)
- singing!! you might not know, but I’m in my school’s show choir
- exercise! for obvious reasons. also track season. 😉
- college. I’m a senior next year I have to start figuring that out.
- also stuff I’m not going to talk about on here
So that’s that! 2021 is looking good right now! I’m very excited about everything I have planned, especially blogging-wise. You guys have a lot to look forward to!
As always, remember to like, comment, or share, whatever floats your boat! Until next time!